Children at Canford Heath Junior School have regular homework which supports the work they do in school. We hope that parents will take an interest in their child's homework, but we try to give the children work that they will be able to complete on their own.
A book bag is given to each child to protect their work and school library books. At the start of each year, each pupil at Canford Heath Junior School is given a homework diary. Included in the diary is much useful information as well as:
- Space to record homework,
- Space for communication between parents or carers and teachers,
- A page for weekly spellings and
- A reading record page which should be signed when children read at home.
Please help us by making sure your child completes and hands their homework in on time.
Homework Default - Principles and procedures The procedures for homework default are based on the following principles:
- that it is the teacher's responsibility to set appropriate homework
- that it is the teacher's responsibility to monitor homework completion and provide feedback or make use of it in lessons
- that it is the teacher's responsibility to communicate through the default system with parents if the homework is not being completed satisfactorily
- that it is the parent's responsibility to make sure that a suitable environment is made available for homework to be carried out properly
- that it is the parent's responsibility to make sure the homework is done and act when a homework letter is sent home. The school is always very happy to receive a phone call if any default needs clarifying.
The procedures for carrying out the homework default system are as follows:
When homework is not completed, and there is no good reason, the child will be required to attend lunchtime detention.