PE and Sports Premium for Primary Schools
In the academic year 2017 to 2018, the government is continuing to provide additional funding to improve the provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on the provision of PE and Sport in schools.
Schools must spend the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and Sport they offer, the legacy of which will have positive, measurable impact on our children in their lives now and in the future.
In order to do this, TEACH schools must use the funding to:
1. Engage all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy and active lifestyles.
2. Raise the profile of PE and Sport across each school linking with their whole school improvement plan.
3. Increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of staff in teaching PE and Sport.
4. Provide a broader range of sports and activities for all pupils.
5. Increase participation in competitive sport at intra-school and/or inter-school levels as appropriate to infants and junior school aged children.
Consequently, in this academic this year, TEACH schools will use their funding to:
• Continue to upskill staff in a variety of ways, particularly through CPD.
• Aid PE Coordinators to work together with other staff to assist the planning, delivery and monitoring of high quality PE lessons.
• Employ specialist Sports/Play Leaders to deliver extra-curriculum sports clubs, activities and events, in addition to clubs already run by TEACH teaching staff.
• Replenish and replace sports/active play equipment and facilities.
• Purchase appropriate new equipment/facilities to broaden PE and Sport experiences.
• Ensure that ALL pupils (including disadvantaged) have access to appropriate challenge, dynamic experiences and enjoyable physical activity and learning by extending, enabling and enriching pupils’ experiences of PE and Sport.
• Develop and promote Healthy & Active lifestyles.
• Have positive impact on individual school’s whole school improvement plans, particularly in reading.
|2018 to August 2019 PE Action plan.pdf||Download|
|2016 to August 17 PE Action plan CHJS.docx||Download|
|CHJS Summary of Sports Premium Spending and Impact 2015 to 2016.pdf||Download|
|CHJS Summary of Sports Premium Spending and Impact 2014 to 2015.pdf||Download|